NewMR is a collaborative endeavour, designed to help co-create the future of market research by combining the best of the new with the best of the old. NewMR operates a variety of activities, but the key ones are:
- The Festival of NewMR, an annual virtual conference and celebration of NewMR, held in December each year.
- Regular online events, focused on a specific topic, click here to see the recordings and slides of previous events.
- The LinkedIn NewMR Group, which has been described at The Economist of online discussion groups, click here to access the group.
- The #NewMR tag on Twitter, some of the best market research comments on Twitter can be found using the tag #NewMR, click here to see the latest.
- This website, which contains recordings and slides from past event, links to upcoming events, and information of interest to the NewMR community.
- The NewMR mailing list, click here to sign up to it.
Who are the NewMR team?
Sue York, Curator in Chief of NewMR. Sue is based in Australia and has been co-leading NewMR since its inception in 2010. Sue regularly runs workshops for various organisations and was the one of the two independent consultants for the 2012 ESOMAR Global Pricing Study.
Ray Poynter, Founder of NewMR. Ray is the author of The Handbook of Online and Social Media Research, Director of Vision Critical’s University, and Managing Director of The Future Place.
Not for profit?
NewMR is not intentionally run as a not for profit organisation – but it often works out that way. We reserve the right to make some money out of it one day, perhaps, hopefully. Many of our events are supported via donations and sometimes by sponsorship.
What don’t we do?
We don’t buy things, we don’t mail our supporters on your behalf, we don’t pay for speakers, and we try not to take ourselves too seriously.
We are not looking to form mergers, new companies, or to take part in money making schemes (real or illusory).
Who owns NewMR.org?
NewMR.org is owned and operated by The Future Place Consultancy Ltd, based in the UK (38 South View Road, Carlton, Nottingham, UK).