Ray Poynter’s NTU Lecture
Links for 11th March Lecture
The virtual session will last from 9am Wednesday 11 March until 4pm Friday 13 March. All interaction will be via the videos below and the LinkedIn Group at https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13831034/
Welcome to this virtual lesson with Ray Poynter and NTU. The format is experimental, so we welcome any feedback. The flow of the lesson is.
- Take two short surveys, to get a sense of where the lesson is heading
- Watch the videos listed below
- Complete the practical task (creating your own survey, collecting data, and exporting it to Excel and/or SPSS)
- Log in to the online discussion about the lesson to ask questions and hear feedback from other students.
You will need a Qualtrics account, so please set one up, you can download information about how to create an account by clicking here.
Take these two surveys
Watch these videos
- Introduction to the lesson (6 minutes)
- Creating a Simple Survey (13 minutes)
- Creating a Quantitative Survey (12 minutes)
- Creating a Discursive Survey (8 minutes)
- Reviewing your Data (5 minutes)
- Exporting Data (8 minutes)
You can download a PDF copy of the “Introduction to the Lesson” PowerPoint deck by clicking here.
Using the Qualtrics account:
- Design your own survey – you can base it on one of mine
- Share the links with classmates to gather some data
- Check and review your data in Qualtrics
- Export the data to Excel or SPSS
Discussion and Q&A
All questions, queries and discussion points should be entered via the LinkedIn Group https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13831034/ Note, the responses may sometimes be a little bit delayed, but should always be within an hour or two.
If you have any questions or comments, email Ray.Poynter@NewMR.org