Here are six presentations from this month’s Festival of #NewMR that all address new thinking, new ideas or new approaches to market research and insight issues.
- Artificial Intelligence, or Real Prejudice? Bethan Blakeley, Honeycomb Analytics.
- He blew it. Context is everything. Andrew Grenville, Maru / Matchbox. Highlights the problems of a single survey and the need to embrace the full context in order to solves business problems.
- Office Productivity: Creating Brain Friendly Environments, Diana Lucaci, True Impact. Using neuro-research techniques to optimise open-plan offices.
- Insights from Nonconscious: Marketing That Talks Implicitly, Dmitry Gaiduk, Cool Tools. Examples of nonconscious measurement in action, including eye-tracking, implicit association, and facial coding.
- 52 Things We Wish Someone Had Told Us About Customer Analytics, Mike Sherman. Extracts from Mike Sherman’s new book, showing the sorts of issues people need to take into account when using predictive analytics and big data.
- How Brands Can Bridge The Gap Of Meaning: Using Semiotics Systemically To Measure Cultural Complexity And Transform It Into Value, Martina Olbertova, this talk illustrates the deepening divide between corporations and society today and explain how semiotics can fix this disconnect as the method to redefine and reframe meaning.