In 2013, ESOMAR published Answers to Contemporary Market Research Questions. A book which seeks to answer the questions that somebody new to a topic would often like to ask, but may be too embarrassed to ask. The book can be purchased from the ESOMAR website here.
In 2014, new chapters are being added to the book, and one of the new chapters will be mobile market research. At this stage we are identifying the ten (approximately ten) questions that the chapter should answer. Below are our initial thoughts.
- Can I assume that my research can be conducted entirely via smartphones?
- What are feature phones and how are they used in mobile research?
- When should I use mobile only and when should I use mixed-mode research?
- What is a research app and when are they used?
- What is passive data collection?
- Does mobile research give the same answers as online research?
- What are the key uses of mobile in qualitative research?
- How is geolocation being used in mobile research?
- What are the key legal and ethical issues for mobile research?
We would welcome your suggestions, for changes, additions, or deletions?